I’m not big on the heat that comes along with Summer, but I am very big on the fabulous fresh fruit that is available during the Summer season.
My husband and I do a lot of salads and we love to include fresh fruit. It can be time-consuming to have to cut fruit up each time we make a salad and it would be great if we could cut a big batch up and leave it in the refrigerator until we needed it. Good Cook has helped to make that possible with their new fresh fruit bowl. This product is exclusively available at Bed Bath & Beyond. It’s a bowl with a built-in colander, which allows your fruit to stay dry and fresh instead of getting mushy from sitting in its juice. What a great idea, right?
When I opened my package from Good Cook, I was amazed at the size of the bowl. The bright green outer bowl and the inner pink colander immediately remind you of watermelon. The lid fits tightly over the inner pink colander and the green outer bowl has a nice spout that will allow you to drain off juices easily. My extended family loves watermelon and I’m already thinking what a great Christmas gift it would make for all.
Apricots were one of my Grandmother’s favorite fruits. I absolutely love them too and I think of her every time I have them. The recipe below is delicious and easy. To me, it’s the perfect Summer Salad.
Roasted Goat Cheese-Stuffed Apricots with Arugula, Walnuts and Spicy Honey-Vinegar Dressing
Ingredients for Two Salads:
2 Apricots, halved and pitted
4 tablespoons creamy goat cheese
2 cups arugula
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup of sliced raspberries
1. Turn broiler on high.
2. Place the apricot halves on a grill pan.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of creamy goat cheese in center of each apricot.
4. Place 1 blackberry on top of each apricot half with goat cheese.
5. Broil for 3-5 minutes until lightly brown and cheese is bubbling.
6. Place a full cup of arugula on 2 salad plates.
7. On each plate, nestle 2 of the roasted apricots on top of arugula.
8. Divide the raspberries between the two plates.
9. Place the walnuts in the dressing (recipe below) to lightly coat.
10. Sprinkle the coated walnuts around apricots.
11. Then lightly drizzle each salad with dressing.
Ingredients for dressing:
1/4 cup of canola oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoons of honey
1/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2-3 grinds of fresh pepper pinch of sea salt
1. Place all the ingredients into a small jar with tight-fitting lid. Shake well. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Disclosure: I was provided the Fresh Fruit Bowl from Good Cook and Bed Bath and Beyond for the purpose of this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
TO WIN A FRESH FRUIT BOWL, CLICK THE LINK TO MY FACEBOOK PAGE. CLICK ON THE GIVEAWAY TAB AND FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS.