BE SURE AND SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE END FOR INFORMATION ON SOME GREAT GIVEAWAYS!!
37 Cooks, the cooking group that I am in, did a challenge for Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. I love them because they are pasteurized, which eliminates the risk of salmonella. This is something that is important for the elderly, woman who are pregnant or those with depressed immune systems or serious illnesses.
Since this is Labor Day Weekend, I wanted to share the recipe on my blog because it’s great for barbecues, family reunions, tailgating and all the other wonderful events that are taking place this time of year. My family loves it and it’s been pretty popular on my friend’s Pinterest page, having been pinned over 1700 times and viewed 8,559 on 37 Cooks.
Wishing you and your family a safe and fun holiday weekend! Happy Labor Day!
Deviled Egg Macaroni Pasta Salad
adapted from Better Homes & Garden Magazine August 2013
8 ounces elbow macaroni
1 dozen Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
1 cup deli honey ham, finely chopped into small cubes
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
3/4 cup sweet pickles, finely chopped (I used Wickles, that have a little spice to them)
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/3 cup yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 Tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
1/4 cup sweet pickle juice (I used the Wickles juice)
4 green onions, finely chopped (for garnish)
2 Tablespoons deli honey ham, finely chopped (for garnish)
Paprika (for garnish)
1. Cook macaroni per package directions. Place in a colander and rinse with cold water. Leave in colander and set aside.
2. For the garnish, cut four 1” circles out of 1 or 2 of the hard-boiled eggs. Pop the cooked yolks out and place in a bowl. Set the whites aside.
3. Cut the remaining eggs in half, remove yolks and place in bowl with your other yolks.
4. Finely chop the whites and place them in a large bowl.
5. Add macaroni, ham, onion, celery and pickles in the large bowl with the whites, set aside.
6. For the dressing, mash yolks up and add mayonnaise, mustard, white pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, paprika and dill. Combine well.
7. Spoon a small amount of the dressed yolks into each of the four circles and set aside for garnish.
8. Add sweet pickle juice to yolk dressing, combine well.
9. Add dressing to macaroni, combining well, again.
10. Garnish with ham, green onions, paprika and deviled egg rounds.
This recipe was originally published at 37 Cooks on October 9th, 2013.
My friend Donna at Cookistry’s Kitchen Gadget and Food Reviews has put together a round-up of giveaways taking place on blogs by friends . There are 26 giveaways that you can enter today! Click here “giveaways” to find out how you can enter. Good luck and let me know what you win!
Note: Davidson Eggs was a challenge sponsor for 37 Cooks and not Seasons to Seasonings. All other products with links in this blog are my favorites. I have not been contacted or asked to use their product or include them in my blog.